You might have seen the video of a handset exploding as soon as the SIM was inserted and everyone who uploaded the video linked it with Redmi Note 4. Xiaomi has officially confirmed that the video in circulation is not of Redmi Note 4 but of some other brand and it was sourced from WhatsApp.
Update : The video turned out to be fake, full story here. A Redmi Note 4 exploded, caught fire and the whole incident was captured on camera. There are several videos about the same on YouTube. This happened in Bangalore at a local mobile store on 17th July.
Cyber Police have located the person responsible for leaking the Jio data via the Magicapk.com website. There was news about Jio customer data breach with millions of user data compromised, Reliance had given their official statement saying that the data seems unauthentic.
The Shanghai High People’s Court on account of missed load payments has frozen $82 million in assets of Jia Yueting (Chairman of LeEco). LeEco is already going through a financial crunch they even trimmed down their business operations in India.
You might have heard about smartphones exploding and this is not just limited to a particular brand. Almost all brands at some point have gone through this and now a HTC Desire 10 Pro exploded in India as claimed by Nidhi Kapoor (from Delhi).
Zomato the Restaurant search / discovery giant suffered a security breach. The company has announced that their servers were hacked and about 17 million users records were compromised. Though the company assured that the password were encrypted and cannot be decrypted.
You might have heard about the Vivo V5 exploding while charging and now the latest news is about a OnePlus One exploding while Charging. The OnePlus One user has posted images and even a video on OnePlus Forum.
There are reports about two Vivo V5 smartphones exploding while charging. There have been two incidents reported one was in Karnal and one was in a mobile shop when the phone was kept for charging.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 as of now has been discontinued, and it was because of battery issues. After the handset was launched many users complained of random heat up even when the handset was not used, and in some cases the Note 7 caught fire, even exploded.
LeEco is going through a financial crisis and to curb extra expenditures the company will concentrate only on online sales in India. They had invested and were planning to go offline, but unfortunately they are pulling the plug for offline sales.