A dual core powered handset, the Karbonn A7 Star is now listed on the Snapdeal website with a price tag of Rs. 6,190. This handset runs on the ICS OS and sports a 4.5 inch touchscreen. The specifications and the price look good as long as you are unaware that the handset doesn’t support the 3G networks.
Manufacturers are busy launching handsets with quad core and dual core processors. And in most cases they are just upgrading the older models with either the dual core or quad core processor. The Karbonn A7 Star is an upgraded version of the Karbonn A7 and the Karbonn A7+ handsets.
Features are similar but Karbonn seems to have excluded the 3G connectivity and the built in GPS. The Karbonn A7 star runs on Android 4.0 OS with 512MB RAM and 164MB internal storage. The TFT touchscreen is 4.5 inches with resolution of 854×480 pixels. There is a VGA front facing camera and another one of 5MP (AF) resolution at the back, with LED flash.
Key features are 2G, Wi-Fi, Micro USB, 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth. A 1400 mAh battery powers up the dual SIM A7 star handset. The price definitely is high just like in the case with the Karbonn A25. One could as well pay some extra money and go for a handset with 3G support like the lava Iris 405 or the Micromax A89.
Karbonn A7 Star key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with dual standby (GSM+GSM).
- 1GHz dual core processor chipset unknown.
- Android ICS.
- 512MB RAM, 164MB internal storage and micro SD support.
- 4.5 inch TFT screen with FWVGA – 854×480 pixels resolution.
- 5MP rear Auto Focus camera with LED and a front VGA camera.
- 2G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth, micro USB, 3.5mm jack and FM radio.
- Sensors: G-Sensor and Proximity sensor.
- 1400 mAh battery.
- Price Rs. 6,190 (via Snapdeal).