Karbonn Mobiles have silently launched an upgraded version of Karbonn A7 handset called the Karbonn A7+. The A7 plus comes with a 1GHz processor and rest of the specifications are the same.
If you would recall I had already done a review on the Karbonn A7. If you are hearing A7 for the first time you can check out my previous review on A7, it’s the same handset, same design but with an 800 MHz processor.
The A7+ houses a 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 1GHz processor with (I guess) Adreno 200 GPU running Android 2.3.6 OS. The free app storage (internal storage) memory is around 157 MB. RAM 512MB (about 397 MB usable), ROM 512MB and micro SD card support up to 32GB.
This is an exact copy of A7 model but with a black rear cover. The older Karbonn A7 came with off-white back cover. The 5MP camera is with dual LED flash, however it is fixed focus and with average output. You can check the sample images on the Karbonn A7 review.
There is no difference between the two handsets except for the processing power. Karbonn A7+ is priced at Rs. 6,990 and the Karbonn A7 comes for Rs. 6,849. It makes sense to go for the plus version.
Karbonn A7+ key features and Specifications
- 1GHz single core with Adreno GPU (GPU Needs confirmation).
- Dual SIM (GSM+GSM) with dual standby mode.
- Android 2.3.6 OS, 157MB free internal storage, 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM.
- 3.5 inch capacitive touch screen with 480x320p resolution – 256K colours.
- 5MP rear fixed focus with dual LED flash and video recording.
- 3G (7.2 HSDPA), EDGE / GPRS (class 12), GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, 3.5 mm jack, micro USB (tethering) and Wi-Fi (hotspot).
- Sensors: Light, Proximity and Gsensor.
- 1420 mAH Li-ion battery with over a day of moderate to heavy usage.
- Price under Rs. 7,000.