Motorola has announced their first Facebook phone called the MotoKey Social that sports a slender touchscreen and comes with full QWERTY keypad with a dedicated Facebook key. It was already in news that Motorola was working on the Motorola EX225, a Facebook phone and if you look at the design it is exactly similar. Most probably it is the same model with a new name the “MotoKey“.
The Motorola MotoKey Social will compete with already existing Facebook phones like the Vodafone 555 Blue and the HTC ChaCha. It is still not clear when this model will reach the Indian market and its price tag.
Motorola MotoKey Social Facebook Phone features
- As the name suggests this phone comes with Facebook integration that works right out of the box. The dedicated Facebook key will load the Facebook app instantly for you to interact with your social contacts. Share photos, links or chat with your friends, it’s so easy, you will love this phone.
- The Full QWERTY keyboard will help you type faster like on a PC except that the button are too small and it will take some time to get used to. The touchscreen display also helps a lot as you can use the combination of touch and type for faster inputs.
- The Motorola MotoKey Social is a 3G phone with EDGE and GPRS support. This handset weighs just 87 grams (really light weight) and is of dimension 105.5 x 60 x 9.98 mm.
- This Motorola handset comes with 64MB of RAM, 128MB ROM of which 50MB is reserved for users. MicroSD card may be supported (this is still not clear).
- The TFT LCD touchscreen display is 2.4 inches QVGA with 320 x 240 pixels supported.
- Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Micro USB.
- This handset comes with a 3 megapixel fixed focus camera with digital zoom but without flash, good enough for uploading on Facebook and sharing via email etc. Video can also be recorded at 30fps.
- The MotoKey Social is well equipped for entertainment. It comes with built in media player that can play many supported audio and video formats. Plus there is a built in FM receiver so you can enjoy live music on the move. You can either share the audio with everyone using the loudspeaker of just plug in a headset using the 3.5mm Audio Jack for private entertainment.
- The 910 mAh battery capacity may look quite small but is sufficient for this phone. On a single charge the MotoKey can last for 672 hours on standby and you can use it continuously for almost 480 minutes.
Motorola MotoKey Social price in India
Release date: Unknown
Estimated price: less than Rs. 4000.