Gionee Elife E5 also being sold as Gionee GPLUS E5 will now be available in India for Rs 19,999. This is with MediaTek quad core chipset clocked at 1.5GHz with Super AMOLED screen and is just 6.85mm thick.
I did get some comments about the Gionee GPLUS E5 (launched in China) from some users a few days back. The GPLUS series is not used by Gionee India or China, in fact GPLUS is a different brand in China and probably Gionee provides the handset or is a partner. But now the official press release from Gionee does confirm the E5 model, it’s the same but named as Gionee Elife E5 in India.
The handset is powerful something what we are expecting MT6589T, but the key USP is the thickness which is just 6.85mm. The 4.8 inch screen is with 1280×720 pixels with Super AMOLED technology. RAM is 1GB and internal storage is 16GB.
The handset runs on Jelly Bean 4.2 OS with 5MP front camera and a 8MP rear camera with BSI sensor and LED flash. The front camera can also record full HD videos. Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth. The battery is 2000 mAh. Consumers are also waiting for the Gionee Elife E6. The E5 was suddenly announced, it seems Gionee were waiting for the Micromax Canvas 4 details.
Gionee Elife E5 key features and specifications
- It seems like a single SIM smartphone.
- Android 4.2 OS with OTA upgrade.
- MT6589T quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz with PowerVR SGX 544 MP GPU.
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage. Not sure if it has external SD card slot. Probably to maintain the slimness it is made single SIM and they might have removed the SD card slot.
- 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED screen (1280×720 pixels).
- 8MP rear AF camera with BSI sensor + 5MP front camera. Full HD video recording and playback is supported.
- 3G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 4, GPS, micro USB, FM radio, DTS, 3D surround sound and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensor, light, proximity and magnetic.
- Battery 2000 mAh (not sure if its removable).
- Price Rs. 19,999.