Micromax created a lot of hype by not disclosing the specs and the price of Micromax Canvas 4 handset. Consumers were expecting something better than the Micromax A116 instead it’s the same stuff with some modified features.
I had written an article on wiko heaven stairway that looked exactly similar to the Canvas 4 and surprisingly the specs are almost similar. It’s an OEM model other brands (worldwide) may be rebranding it like Wiko, Micromax and probably some more.
But the fact is Canvas 4 is a big disappointment. We were expecting a MediaTek turbo version. But unfortunately it with the same hardware that powers the MMX A116. The IPS screen is 5 inches with tru-HD resolution. There is a 13MP camera on rear and a front 5MP. It’s dual SIM with dual standby mode. Micromax is also giving a free flip cover.
About 11,000 consumers had pre-booked the Micromax A210 and I guess many of them will hit the refund button. The kind of specs the A210 Canvas 4 has it should be priced 1K to 1.5K more than the Micromax A116.
Micromax A210 Canvas 4 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- 1.2GHz MT6589 quad core with PowerVR SGX 544 MP.
- 5 inch IPS True HD screen with 1280x720p. Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Android 4.2.1.
- 8.9mm thick.
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage (2.4GB for apps and 10GB as phone storage) and micro SD support 32GB.
- 13MP rear AF camera with LED flash + 5MP front camera with video call support. Full HD recording and playback.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4, Micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensors, proximity, light.
- Smart Gestures : Upside silent, proximity dial / answer.
- Battery : 2000mAh with up to 8 hours talktime.
- Price : 17,999. (With free Aluminum Flip cover with Surface Touch technology, worth Rs. 2999/-). So without flip it should be 15K?