Spice Coolpad 2 Mi-496 is another affordable quad core handset with a price tag under Rs. 10K (Rs. 9,499). The Spice Mi-496 is with 4.5 inch qHD screen and 5MP rear camera.
All of these low cost handsets with quad core processor come with slightly under powered GPU. Though the performance is good enough, these handsets cannot record full HD videos. But these specs do have an impact on the price tag bringing it down to under Rs. 10K.
The Spice Mi-496 comes with 4.5 inch TFT LCD screen with 960×540 pixels resolution. It is a dual SIM handset with 3G support. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean runs the show with 1GB RAM and 4GB storage. A 5 megapixel auto focus camera is on the back with LED flash. Unfortunately there is no front camera.
Other common features included are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth. The battery is of 1700 mAh capacity. This handset is listed on Saholic and now available. There are other model like the Spice Mi-491 and the Spice Mi-495 that are priced at 7,999 and 11,600 respectively, however both these models are with dual core processor.
Spice Mi-496 CoolPad 2 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby mode.
- 1.2GHz quad core processor (chipset unknown, probably – QUALCOMM).
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and micro SD card slot.
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS.
- 4.5 inch LCD TFT screen with 960×540 pixels (qHD) resolution.
- 5MP rear AF camera with flash. There is no front camera.
- 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensor, light and proximity.
- Battery : 1700 mAh.
- Price Rs. 9,499 (via Saholic).
Thank you for the tip Kunal!