We have been hearing about Aakash tablets for almost a year and now, once again. The Aakash 2 an upgraded version was launched by President Pranab Mukherjee, today. Students can buy this tab for a price of Rs. 1,132 (after subsidy).
We all know that the first Aakash tablet by Datawind was a failure marred by low computing power and several other issues. The Aakash 2 is an upgraded version that is powered by a 1GHz processor running Android 4.0 with 4GB internal storage and 512MB RAM.
The new specs definitely look good with a 7 inch screen with capacitive touch supporting 800×480 pixels resolution. Other features included are Wi-Fi and front camera. This Aakash 2 tab will also come with host of interactive E-Learning materials.
Only students will be able to buy the tab for Rs. 1,132 whereas for commercial use, users can look out for Ubislate 7Ci which is the same – but for a price of Rs. 4,499. You can check out the Ubislate.com website which has now got a new look and looks more professional. I hope the delivery / order / support have also been upgraded.
Aakash 2 Key features and Specifications
- 1GHz Single core Cortex A8 processor, GPU unknown.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and Micro SD card support.
- Android 4.0.3 (ICS).
- 7 inch capacitive touchscreen (800×480 pixels resolution).
- Front VGA camera and G-Sensor.
- Wi-Fi, mini USB and 3.5mm jack.
- Battery mAh unknown – Estimated usage time of about 3 hours on full battery charge.
- For Students (subsidized) = Rs. 1132 | for Commercial use Rs. 4,499.