UMI mobile have launched another quad core model called the UMI S1 that sports a 5 inch screen with HD resolution (1280×720 pixels) with 8MP camera, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. The handset is priced at Rs. 12,000.
The UMI S1 will also come in 16GB version the price however is not known. This handset runs on the Android 4.2 OS with MTK6589 quad core CPU coupled with PowerVR SGX 544MP. The RAM is 1GB with a good 8GB internal storage space.
UMI seems too generous when it comes to the RAM and the storage part. Other features included are 3G, Wi-FI, GPS, dual SIM support, FM radio, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. The handset is 9.7 mm thick and runs on a 2020 mAh battery. The handset will hit the stores next week.
UMI S1 key features and Specifications
- Quad core clocked at 1.2GHz (MTK6589) + PowerVR SGX 544MP.
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby. (GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz – WCDMA 2100MHz).
- 5 inch Capacitive touchscreen with 1280×720 pixel resolution.
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and micro SD card support.
- Android version 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash + 2MP front camera.
- 3G, 2G, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB, FM radio and 3.5mm jack.
- Sensors : Light, proximity and G-sensors.
- 2020 mAh battery.
- Price Rs. 12,000. (Via UMI Mobile).