Here is the review of the much awaited Spice Mi-355 that has finally reached the Indian markets, available online for a price tag of Rs. 6,599. This is dual SIM 800 MHz powered smartphone with a 480×320 pixels resolution.
The Spice Mi-355 (Stellar Craze) currently runs on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and is upgradable to ICS or Android 4.0. However we do not know when Spice will come out with the official update. The Mi-355 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 (single core) processor clocked at 800MHz with Adreno 200 GPU.
If you look at the specifications its sounds similar to the Karbonn A7, but the design / look is different. You can see the four dedicated buttons which presumably are made with ICS OS in mind. The capacitive touchscreen display is similar to Karbonn A7 at 3.5 inches with 262K colours over a 480×320 pixels resolution.
The Spice Mi-355 is 11.5mm thin and currently available in white colour. It can accommodate two GSM SIM cards (Dual SIM) with dual Standby option. 3G is supported only via SIM slot 1 (UMTS 2100) similar to as seen on Karbonn A7.
There are dual cameras a front VGA (0.3MP) and a rear 5 megapixel camera with dual LED – it is not clear if the camera is of fixed focus, but I assume it will be of a fixed focus just like on the A7. The built in memory for apps storage is around 200MB of which 140MB is available for user.
Spice Mi-355 comes with 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM with external storage support via microSD card up to 32GB. This phone supports 3G up to 7.2Mbps (HSDPA), EDGE / GPRS (Class 12) and tethering supported via built in Wi-Fi and USB.
Other features are Bluetooth, GPS (A-GPS), multi format media player, YouTube and Google Play supported. The battery again is of similar capacity as on Karbonn A7 i.e. 1420mAh with standby time of about 8 days and talktime of about 4 hours.
Spice Mi-355 (Stellar Craze) Key Features and Specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby mode.
- 800MHz (CPU) + 200MHz GPU [Single Core Qualcomm Snapdragon | Adreno].
- 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM and 140MB internal storage – A MicroSD card is required.
- Android 2.3 – upgradeable to 4.0, NetQin Antivirus and access to Google Play.
- 3.5 inches capacitive multi touch screen with 480×320 pixels resolution (262K colours).
- 5MP Fixed Focus with dual LED flash, video recording supported and a front VGA camera for Skype video chat.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Built in FM, Bluetooth 2.1, micro USB and SNS ready.
- 1420 mAh Li-ion Standard Battery with 8 days stand by time and up to 4 hours of talk time.
Spice Mi-355 Review
I did not find anything different when comparing the Mi-355 with the Karbonn A7. However the Mi-355 does have some advantages. The first being the price which is at Rs. 6,599 cheaper than A7 and the second the OS (Android 2.3) which is upgradable to ICS.
Spice Mi-355 is available from Saholic.