Another smartphone running on Gingerbread OS called the Spice Mi-352 is now available for Rs. 4,634. The handset comes with a 3.5 inch HVGA screen with 1GHz processor and 256MB RAM.
There are many handsets priced under Rs. 5K but most of them come with 2G support only, very few like the recently launched Micromax A30 comes with 3G support but with low display resolution. The Spice Mi-352 however comes with a better screen resolution and also supports the 3G network.
The Mi-352 runs on the outdated Gingerbread OS Android 2.3 with 256MB RAM and 100 MB storage space for apps. Other features are 3G, 2G (EDGE / GPRS), Wi-Fi (b/g/n) – can be used as Hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0 with EDR, 3.5 mm jack and Micro USB port.
This is a low cost device and you will find that GPS is missing. There is a single camera placed on the rear side of 3MP resolution with video recording. The handset has got a curvy look with 3 touch sensitive buttons on front side.
The battery is of 1300 mAh capacity which gives a standby time of around 9 days and talktime of over 3 hours. For the price this is a good handset.
Spice Mi-352 key features and specification
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Single core 1GHz MSM7225AB (Qualcomm) processor with Adreno 200 GPU.
- 256MB RAM, 100MB internal storage for apps and Micro SD slot that can house up to 16GB cards.
- 3.5 inch TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution (262K colours).
- 3MP Fixed focus rear camera with CMOS sensor and video recording.
- 3G (HSDPA 7.2Mbps), 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- 1300 mAh Li-ion standard battery with over a week of standby time and over 3 hours of talktime.
- Price Rs. 4,634 (Available from Saholic).