Another phone called the Micromax A65 the Smarty 4.3 for its 4.3 inch screen, now shows up on the Micromax website. The specs are still not confirmed as there are few errors on their site.
The handset sadly runs on an outdated Android 2.3.5 OS, again this needs confirmation as the Smarty A68 comes powered by ICS OS. Just like the Micromax A68 the Micromax A65 also comes powered by a 1GHz single core processor but of a different chipset, i.e. Spread Trum SC6820 ARM Cortex-A5.
The SC6820 is meant for 2G networks and does not support 3G. I think it’s an outdated hardware and probably the A65 will be cheaper than the A68 model. The capacitive touchscreen display is 4.3 inches (10.92 cms) with 800×480 pixels resolution with 262K colours.
The handset comes with 190 MB internal storage for apps and with 512MB RAM – if you go through the MMX website specs they have mentioned RAM as 4GB. There is a 2MP camera placed on the rear side with video recording support.
Other features are Wi-Fi, 2G (EDGE / GPRS), Bluetooth 2.1, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. There is no GPS though. A 1350 mAh battery gives a standby time of about 205 hours and talktime is about 5 hours.
Micromax A65 key features and specifications
- 1GHz Single core ARM Cortex A5 SC6820 chipset.
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 OS.
- 512MB RAM, 190MB internal storage for apps and Micro SD card slot.
- 4.3 inch Touchscreen with 800×480 pixels resolution with 262K colours.
- EDGE, GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, 3.5 mm jack,FM and Micro USB 2.0.
- 2MP rear camera with flash. You can capture videos in 352*288p resolution.
- Sensors: Gravity and proximity.
- 1350 mAh battery with up to 5 hours of talktime.
Stay tuned for more updated. Thanks for the tip – Yash Khatri.