The Sony Xperia Tipo and the Tipo Dual can now be pre-ordered for Rs. 9,499 and Rs. 10,299 respectively from the FlipKart website. As per the site the delivery could start happening within few days.
The Sony Xperia Tipo is available in two flavours a single SIM and dual SIM version the price difference is just Rs. 800. Both these handsets come with 320 x 480 pixels resolution with 256K colours and powered by an 800 MHz processor from Qualcomm Scorpion. The capacitive touchscreen is 3.2 inches.
These handset house a 3.2 megapixel rear camera with video recording (640 x 480 @ 30 fps). However there is no secondary camera. The handset weight is less than 100 grams (99.4g). The internal storage is 2.5 GB with 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM.
The Xperial Tipo and Tipo dual both run on the Android 4.0 OS (ICS) and being a Sony brand they may also be entitled for a Jelly Bean update (No confirmation though). These handsets are targeted towards budget conscious users especially those who are still not comfortable with brands like Micromax, Spice and Karbonn to name a few.
Sony Xperia Tipo Single SIM / Dual SIM key features and specifications
- Qualcomm Scorpoion Processor clocked at 800MHz with Adreno 200 GPU.
- Ice Cream Sandwich – Android 4.0 with Timescape User Interface.
- Dual SIM / Single SIM versions.
- 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM and 2.5GB internal storage.
- 3.2 inch scratch resistant capacitive TFT touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution with 262K colours.
- 3.2 MP camera with video recording. No LED flash.
- 3G (7.2Mbps), EDGE (237kbps), GPRS (86kbps), USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS, FM radio, xLOUD Audio Filter Technology and 3.5 mm audio port.
- Sensors: Proximity, Compass and G-Sensors.
- 1500 mAh Li-ion standard battery with up to 6 hours of talktime and about 15 days of standby.
- Price : Single SIM = 9,499 and Dual SIM = Rs. 10,299.
The handset is smaller in size but does look beautiful. ICS OS is an advantage. This is a good smartphone for users who believe in few major brands. Apart from that most of the Indian users would opt for Karbonn A18, Micromax A100 and similar handsets.