The upcoming Nokia Lumia 1020 is listed on the Nokia India website. The key features are 4.5 inch AMOLED clear black screen, powered by 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor and rear camera of 41 megapixel resolution.
The Lumia 1020 is 10.4 mm thick and weight is 158 grams. The 4.5 inch (11.43 cm) screen supports WXGA resolution (1280×768 pixels) ~ 334ppi. The screen is with corning gorilla glass 3 protection, clear black with wide viewing angle and easily readable under direct sunlight.
1020 is a single SIM (Micro SIM) smartphone running on the Window Phone 8 OS with 2GB RAM and 32GB storage plus 7GB free cloud storage. Other features are 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, micro USB, 3.5mm jack and GPS.
And now the most important feature, the cameras. There secondary camera is 1.2MP resolution that can record videos in 720p resolution and the rear camera is of 41MP resolution with Carl Zeiss Tessar Lens and Xenon flash support. The camera gives DSLR type output and comes with amazing high res zoom (4x digital – lossless). There is a camera grip for Nokia 1020 also available (extra accessory) that is designed to fit on the 1020 – it gives a better grip for single hand use also makes the phone look more like a camera.
The BV-5XW battery is of 2000 mAh capacity it gives talktime of 19 hours on 2G and 13 hours on 3G networks. Wireless charging is supported. The price tag is not yet disclosed.
Nokia Lumia 1020 key features and specifications
- Single SIM (Micro SIM).
- Dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor clocked at 1.5GHz with Adreno 225 GPU.
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS.
- 4.5 inch AMOLED capacitive screen with 1280×768 pixels resolution (332 ppi). Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, PureMotion HD and ClearBlack display.
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and no external micro SD card slot.
- 41MP rear camera with Carl Zeiss Optics – effective 38MP resolution. Auto focus and Xenon LED flash. Full HD video recording supported with 4X lossless digital zoom. Front camera is 1.2MP that can shoot HD videos.
- 4G, 3G (42.2 Mbps), 2G, Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 3, NFC, Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Noise cancellation, 7GB Cloud SkyDrive storage, FM radio and GPS with GLONASS / A-GPS.
- Sensors: Gyro, magnetic, barometer, accelerometer and proximity.
- Battery: 2000 mAh (BV-5XW) – Non-removable with 19 hours talktime on 2G, 13 hours on 3G, 63 hours music playback, 5.5 hours Wi-Fi browsing and 6.8 hours video playback.
- Price : Unknown.