Another android handset called the Micromax A27 got silently listed on the Micromax info website. The handset comes powered by 1GHz Spreadtrum SC6820 processor running Android 2.3 OS with a unique feature called Swipe and Share.
With Swipe and share users will be able to share content by simply dragging the content across the screen. Not sure if it will work with other A27 handset or any other android devices. You can share content via Wi-Fi even when not connected to the phone network.
As mentioned the processor is clocked at 1GHz, its single core with 256MB RAM. The internal storage is 160 MB and as per the specs on the Micromax A27 page there are no sensors, but I think it will at least come with G-sensors. The TFT touchscreen is 3.5 inches with 480×320 pixels resolution with 65K colours. The handset does not support 3G.
As you can see it’s a low end phone with minimal features the key attraction is the swipe and share option apart from that there is nothing exciting. Other features are a rear camera (the resolution is not known) without flash, 2G, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, micro USB and 3.5 mm jack. There is no 3G support and there is no built in GPS.
The Micromax A27 comes with a 1400 mAH battery that gives a standby time of 260 hours and talktime of over 4 hours. The pricing details are not known, probably will be under 4K. If the price goes over 5K then it will make sense going in for the Micromax A89.
Micromax A27 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Single core Spreadtrum SC6820 processor clocked at 1GHz.
- Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread).
- 256MB RAM, 160MB internal storage and micro SD card support up to 16GB.
- 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution.
- Rear camera (resolution not known) without flash support. Can record videos in 640×480 pixels resolution.
- 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- 1400 mAh battery with over 4 hours talktime and up to 10 days standby.