After using the MegaHD V2 4.2.1 ROM on my MMX A116 for some time I switched to Lewa OS Android 4.2 ROM. The Lewa version is a completely different experience with unique look and seems quite stable.
The MegaHD ROM was great but GPS didn’t work and since I use GPS occasionally, I had to find another ROM. I then found the Lewa OS Android 4.2 ROM. The installation process is the same as on MegaHD (using CWM recovery).
When I rebooted the system, after installing the Lewa OS I fell in love with the new interface; it was different from the usual android interface that you have seen on many android phones. The first thing that I did was to check if the GPS was working and phew, it did work, in fact even got a faster lock.
The performance was smooth, but at times (very rare) the screen lags for a fraction of a second trying to load the icons, but not much of an issue though. Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G worked well. The Interface looks more professional and takes a little time getting used to. The good thing is that you can install apps on external storage.
Micromax A116 with Lewa OS 4.2 ROM
- There are some new features like power saver, built in firewall, call recorder etc.
- The screen color is good and the sound I feel is a little low but quality is good.
- I could install Nova 3 on external SD, the game play is smooth.
- Free RAM is around 550 to 600 MB.
- 1.77 GB internal storage and 1GB for apps.
- Camera looks good its 8MP and 6MP in wide screen mode.
- LED indicator shows RED colour instead of green.
- You need to download Gmail, talk, calendar apps from play.
To install this OS visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2259718
Note: Proceed at your own risk, the installation process in a very rare case can brick (damage) the handset.