After Micromax A100 5 inch Phablet, Kobian company better known for its Mercury brand, has now launched the Mercury MagiQ for Rs. 12,700. The price might seem a bit higher than the MM A100 and a bit lower than Micromax A90, unless you are impressed with a 12 MP camera.
The Kobian Mercury MagiQ android phone also sports a 5 inch capacitive touchscreen display, supports dual SIM with dual standby, runs on Android 4.0 with 4GB internal storage and 512MB RAM. The 4GB storage is an advantage but A100 also comes with 4GB storage. However the 12 megapixel rear camera could be the game changer.
But this does not end here; the company also claims that the handset will come with a much better battery life with an expected talktime of around 13 hours and standby time of up to 2 weeks. A one GHz single core CPU powers the Kobian Mercury MagiQ handset, more details about the chipset is not known.
Well overall this handset has everything that A100 comes loaded, but with some higher features that could grab the attention. But I guess there will not be much difference between an 8MP camera (as on MM A90) and a 12 MP camera, and moreover many users would really not care.
This 5 inch Dual SIM Phablet will be available in India for Rs. 12,700 with 1 year warranty. Probably we could see many more 5 inch models flooding the markets in coming months.
Kobian Mercury MagiQ Key features and specifications
- Single Core 1GHz Processor (Chipset Unknown – probably the same that MM A100 houses).
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- Dual SIM with dual standby (GSM + GSM).
- RAM=512MB, Internal storage=4GB and Micro SD slot that can hold cards up to 32GB.
- 12 MP rear auto focus camera with flash with front VGA camera.
- Battery mAh capacity unknown however Kobian claims the handset can last for about 15 days in standby mode and talktime is up to 13 hours. I think the battery will be higher than 2000 mAh capacity.