The Jelly Bean OS for Micromax A110 is out and there is nothing official about it. In other words it’s the Mobistel Jelly Bean ROM and nothing to do with Micromax. Updating to any 3rd party ROM will void your warrant and there is a risk, if you can take.
One again, proceed at your risk though the chances of failure are less, but you never know. If you are willing to take the risk and upgrade your Micromax A110 to Jelly Bean OS, read on.
Once you download the file that is over 200 MB, place the ZIP file on the internal storage or the external storage, I prefer the internal storage, make sure there is plenty of space on the internal storage cause the 1.5GB is allocated for phone storage and 1.48GB for apps.
How To install Jelly Bean OS on Micromax A110 (Please read the full article before applying the update).
- Make sure the battery level is over 60%.
- Copy the zip file on to the internal SD card.
- Shut down the handset.
- Press volume +, volume – and power button simultaneously and keep pressing until you see two options.
- Use the up or the + volume button to enter recovery mode.
- Now select apply update from SD card and choose the CynusT2JellyBean_V15.01 file. For moving up and down use volume buttons and for selection, use the context button or the left square dedicated button.
- The update will start, will take few minutes. Then restart the phone and all the apps on the phone will be optimized for the JB OS.
Though most or all of your apps will work, but better take backup of important files & contacts etc. if needed.
After the update
- Quadrant score = 2586.
- Antutu Score = 6830.
- Nenamark2 = 22.9fps.
- Internal storage for apps = 1.2GB (332MB used).
- RAM 176MB free (311 MB used).
- 1.05GB as phone storage.
One of my SIM card did not work – failed to show the network, I tried another SIM card and that worked. In fact both the SIM’s that worked were 64K SIM. If you are using older SIM card then probably it might not work, better upgraded the SIM or don’t update to Jelly Bean OS.
The performance is good, image quality seems a little better, sound is as it was before. I have just updated, will use the new OS for some time / days and will updated this page as soon as I find any issues or something good about it.
Update : 8th Feb 2013.
There are minor issues with the JB ROM, I would suggest wait for some more time before going in for the update. For me the main issue was that older SIM did not work and when receiving a call the caller name is not showing. I have reverted back to the V2 ROM and will wait for some more updates on XDA. If anyone has successfully installed the ROM with no issues, leave a comment below.
Update : 11 Feb 2012
I tried the new ROM JellyDream and it works great so far and both SIM’s are Working. I already had the V2 rom installed.
- Download and copy the zip in the internal SD card folder. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2141700)
- You need CWM recovery its different if you try using the default recovery as on the V2 ROM it will not install.
- First root the A110 running V2 ROM if you have not done it the easiest method is here
- Check with root checker app and see if the handset is rooted.
- Now install CWM details here http://androidforums.com/canvas-2-a110-all-things-root/648264-how-install-cwm-recovery-in-micromax-a110-micromax-canvas-a110-exclusive-guide.html (skip the root process).
- Once done you will get an option start phone in CWM mode now follow the steps as on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2141700
- Do clear the cache, data and Dalvik cache before restarting.
Here are some screen shots of the Jelly Bean and as you can see in the image both SIM’s are working.
I have just started using the Jelly Bean ROM will keep updating here in case I find any issues.