ZTE Grand X IN the first ICS powered smartphone sailing on the Intel processor has been announced by the Chinese multinational telecommunications, ZTE Corporation. This handset features the Z2460 Intel Atom Processor coupled with 1GB RAM.
The Chinese corporation has tied with Intel to deliver a low powered Intel inside smartphone running on the Android 4.0 OS. The “intel inside” Grand X IN will be first launched in Europe. There is no word about its launch in India.
The ZTE brand so far have shied away from the Indian markets and it is highly unlikely that they will be interested or would make the ZTE Grand X IN available in India. For Indian consumers this handset will be a distant dream.
In the next few days this handset will be showcased at the ongoing IFA trade show between 31st August and 5th September (Stand 103 in hall number 23). The Grand X IN does come with a lot of interesting features.
The handset is loaded with single core Z2460 processor along with 1GB RAM and 4GB/16GB (optional) internal storage and microSD support. The screen of 4.3 inches will be with qHD resolution i.e. 960×540 pixels with 16M colours.
Lightweight at 140 grams with a thickness of 9.9 mm the ZTE Grand has got curvy edges. The handset looks similar to the Spice Mi-425 / Karbonn A9 and the recently launched Karbonn A18. Other important features not to be missed are 8MP camera, Dolby sound, full HD recording, NFC and a 1650 mAh battery.
ZTE Grand X IN key features and specifications
- Intel Atom Z2460 processor
- 1GB RAM, 4GB / 16GB internal storage + microSD card slot.
- ICS (Android 4.0).
- 4.3 inch TFT capacitive display with 960×540 pixels resolution.
- 8MP auto focus camera with flash, full HD video recording supported and a front 0.3MP camera.
- 3G (HSPA+ = 21Mbps, DPA 21Mbps, UPA 5.76Mbps), EDGE, GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, dual MIC (background Noise cancellation), NFC and micro USB.
- 1650 mAh Li-ion battery – standby / talktime unknown.
- Price unknown – India launch?