Zopo mobiles have now launched the Zopo ZP950 Phablet – big brother of ZP900 that comes with a bigger 5.7 inch screen, Jelly Bean OS and dual core processor. This Phablet is priced at Rs. 15,999 and is listed on the Zopo India website.
The price of Zopo ZP900 Leader that is already selling for Rs. 15,999 will probably be dropped within few days/ weeks. Since the new ZP950 houses bigger screen the screen resolution has been upgraded to HD i.e. 1280×720 pixels (257.65 PPI).
The Zopo ZP950 is powered by MT6577 dual core processor with PowerVR SGX531T. This handset runs on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS with 1GB RAM and 4GB internal storage. The ZP950 is 10.2 mm thin and supports Dual SIM card with dual standby mode.
This handset also comes with an improved 8MP camera (better than the ZP900) with LED flash and a front facing 2MP camera for video chats/ calls. The camera can capture videos in 720p resolution at 30fps. I will have to check if this hardware can play 1080p movies.
Other features included are Wi-Fi, 3G, 2G, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS with A-GPS, 3.5mm jack and micro USB port. Most of the specifications are exactly the same as found on the Zopo leader. The 2500 mAh Li-Po battery gives a decent standby time of around 130 to 200 hours.
The ZP950 is dual core smartphone with a 5.7 inch screen, quad core models are expected to hit the Indian markets within few months. The prices of these products will fall as and when the quad core enters the market.
Zopo ZP950 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby mode.
- Android 4.1.2 JB OS.
- Dual core Cortex A9 MTK MT6577 clocked at 1.0 GHz with PowerVR SGX531T GPU.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal and micro SD card support up to 32GB.
- 5.7 inches IPS screen with 1280x720pixels resolution (capacitive + multi touch).
- 8MP AF rear camera with LED flash + 2MP front camera. 720p Video recording supported.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS with AGPS, Micro USB and 3.5 mm jack.
- 2500 mAh battery with about 7 day’s standby.
For now we have two handsets the Wammy Sensation and the Zopo ZP950 and both carry the same price. Does ZP950 have a big advantage what do you think? (And review coming soon).