HTC is gearing up to launch the HTC Butterfly a 5 inch smartphones with 2GB RAM, full HD screen resolution and with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. The pricing details and the availability (in India) is currently unknown.
The HTC Butterfly comes with really good specifications and makes use of the latest technologies. It has amazing display, amazing processing power (quad-core) and amazing camera. I am sure the price would also be amazing and definitely not within the affordability range.
The Butterfly, flies on a Qualcomm S4 quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz coupled with Adreno 320 GPU. The Android OS version 4.1 runs out of the box with HTC Sense UI version 4+. This handset comes with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 32GB micro SD card support.
The smartphone also comes with an 8MP camera and a front 2.1MP for video chats / self portraits. You can also record videos in 1080p at 30fps and can simultaneously click images while video recording.
Other features are 3G, 2G, not sure if the handset will support 4G in India, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS and micro USB. And like all HTC phones this one too comes with Beats Audio sound enhancement. The 2020 mAh Li-po battery on this Butterfly handset should easily provide a full day of backup on a single charge.
HTC Butterfly Key features and specifications
- Single SIM support (Micro SIM).
- Android 4.1 upgradeable to 4.2 with latest HTC Sense User Interface.
- Quad-core 1.5GHz (QUALCOMM S4) + Adreno 320 GPU.
- 5 inch super LCD3 touchscreen with corning Gorilla glass 2 protection. Resolution supported 1920x1080p (441 ppi) with 16M colours.
- 8MP Auto Focus primary camera with LED flash. Secondary 2.1 MP camera, 1080p video recording at 30fps.
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage of which 11 GB is available for user and micro SD card support.
- 3G, (4G not sure if it will be available in India) 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB, GPS (AGPS/GLONASS), SNS ready, 25GB dropbox, HTML5 support, beats audio sound and 3.5mm jack.
- 2020 mAh Li-po standard battery.