Videocon mobiles though late have now launched Videocon A55HD handset that comes with the MediaTek quad core processor with a 5 inch OGS screen (HD resolution) for Rs. 13,499. It’s the same old Wine in a new bottle.
MediaTek processors are slowly catching up not only with brands that cater to budget conscious consumers but are now accepted by bigger brands like Sony (Sony Xperia C). The Videocon A55HD is powered by MT6589 chipset with PowerVR SGX 544 MP GPU. The screen is of OSG technology that helps make the handset slimmer.
The A55HD runs on Android 4.2 with 1GB RAM and 4GB storage. There is external SD support too. The screen resolution is 1280×720 pixels. Like on every other MT6589 powered handset this one too comes with 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash and a 3.2 MP front camera with native video call support.
Other common features included are 3G support (HSDPA), Wi-Fi (b/g/n), GPS and Bluetooth. There is micro USB port and a 3.5mm audio jack. Battery is 2000 mAh.
Videocon A55HD key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby.
- 5 inch OGS screen with HD resolution.
- 1.2GHz quad core MT6589 + PowerVR SGX 544 MP GPU.
- Android 4.2.1.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB storage and micro SD support (32GB).
- 8MP AF camera with flash + 3.2MP front camera.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, GPS, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Sensors : G-Sensor, Proximity and light. (Not sure yet if it has magnetic sensors).
- Battery : 2000 mAh.
- Price Rs. 13,400.