UMI has launched the UMI XE a 5 inch smartphone running on Android ICS OS for Rs. 4,999. They unveiled the same on their Facebook page.
The UMI XE is powered by 1GHz MediaTek MTK6517
single dual core processor with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU. The key attraction is the 5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 800×480 pixels resolution (260K colours). Unfortunately the handset does not support the 3G network.
The RAM is
256 512 MB and internal storage is around 500MB. The XE handset runs on the ICS Android 4.0 OS. It is a dual SIM handset with 2MP rear camera with LED flash and a front VGA camera. The battery is of 2050 mAh capacity.
Other features are Wi-Fi, 2G, Bluetooth 4, 3.5mm jack and micro USB. There is no built in GPS. The UMI XE handset weighs about 150 grams with a 10mm thickness. The package content as mentioned on the UMImobile.in website says 2 x 2050 mAh battery.
For Rs. 5000 you get a dual core handset with minimal memory but with a big 5 inch screen with good resolution. There is no 3G support and you will have to do with GPRS / EDGE networks.
UMI XE key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby.
- 1GHz dual core processor (MTK6517+PoverVR SGX 531 GPU).
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- 512MB RAM, 500MB internal storage and micro SD support (16GB cards supported).
- 5 inch TFT capacitive screen with 800×480 pixels resolution.
- 2MP rear camera with LED and front VGA camera.
- 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack.
- 2 x 2050 mAh standard Li-ion battery with 2 to 3 days standby time.
- Price Rs. 4,999 with Free Leather Pouch and 4 GB MicroSD Card (Via Umimobile.in).
Update : The MTK 6517 is dual core, a cheaper version and I guess lower performance that the MT6577 as on the Micromax A110.