UMI will launch the UMI X2 quad core android handset with impressive features for a price of Rs. 14000 with free shipping. The UMI X2 will sport a 5 inch screen, 2GB RAM and running on the Android 4.1 OS, and there is more.
The price is just about the same what Micromax A116 is tagged at. And you get 1920×1080 pixels resolution IPS screen with Gorilla Glass 2 protection, 2GB RAM with a massive 32GB internal storage.
Of the dual cameras the rear one will be with a 13MP resolution with LED flash and the front one will be with a 2MP resolution. The handset will sail on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and users will get upgrade to Android 4.2.
The UMI X2 dual SIM handset supports 3G, 2G, GPS and Wi-Fi. Other features included are 3.5mm jack, FM and micro USB port. The battery is of 2500mAh capacity. The price does look good and you get better features than on MMX A116.
Finally something to compete with Micromax A116, yes the brand is new to Indian users and after sales service may take time, but the specifications are too tempting… for the price.
UMI X2 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Quad core MT6589 (1.2GHz) with PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
- 5 inch IPS screen with Gorilla Glass 2 protection and resolution of 1920×1080 pixels (Full HD).
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage and micro SD support.
- Android 4.1 upgradable to 4.2.
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED flash and front 2MP camera.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, FM radio and micro USB port.
- 2500mAh battery.
- Price Rs. 14,000 (website : http://www.umimobile.in)
I got call from UMI and they asked me for the best price possible for this product. Taking clue from the Micromax A116 pricing and considering specifications and after sales support, they finally came down to the best possible price of Rs. 14,000.
Bookings will start within a week or two and deliveries after 15th March. Better to wait for review and initial user inputs before ordering the handset. UMI Indian is still struggling to setup service centers in India.