After launching the dual SIM tablet, Swipe Telecom have now launched the ICS powered Swipe Fablet F1 a single core (MTK6575 CPU) smartphone with a 5 inch screen and 5MP camera for Rs. 8,990. The handset supports dual SIM and comes with a free flip cover – for a limited period only.
The hardware is the same as found on the Micromax A90 the single core version. Probably the GPU will also be the same i.e. PowerVR SGX 531. For the price of under Rs. 9K this seems like a good deal along with the flip cover and bigger battery capacity.
Do note that the company is giving the flip cover for free for a limited period only. The Swipe Fablet F1 sports a 5 inch multi touch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution. There are 3 dedicated buttons on the front side. RAM is not mentioned but I guess it will be 512MB. There is 4GB internal storage with micro SD slot to add extra storage of up to 32GB.
This handset comes with a front 0.3 MP camera that can be used for video calls and a rear 5MP camera with LED flash. Not sure of it can record videos in 720p resolution, but the hardware that it has, it should.
The Fablet F1 supports dual SIM with dual standby, quad band, 3G support, WiFi, Bluetooth, micro USB, GPS and 3.5mm audio jack. The handset weighs 120 grams and is 11.4 mm thin. You get two batteries each of 2500 mAh capacity.
Swipe Fablet F1 key features and Specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby running on Android 4.0 OS.
- 1GHz with Mediatek 6575 single core processor coupled with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU.
- 5 inch capacitive WVGA screen with multi touch support.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and up to 32GB micro SD card support.
- 3G (7.2Mbps – HSDPA), Bluetooth, Wifi, micro USB, GPS with A-GPS and 3.5 mm jack.
- 120 Grams weight with dimension 145x80x11.4 mm.
- 5MP rear with LED flash and VGA front camera.
- 2500 mAh battery x 2.
- Price Rs. 8,990 Buy online from Swipe Telecom website.
Not much difference between this single core and the other single core handsets or the matter of fact dual core like the Lava XOLO A700 or the Micromax A110. But for the price and the feature like 2x batteries and flip cover it could attract some users.