Swingtel Superb is another dual core (MediaTek) powered handset with 1280×720 pixels resolution over a 4.7 inch screen. This handset runs on the Jelly Bean OS and comes for a price of Rs. 11,500.
There were quite a few handsets, recently launched with the same specifications and with HD display. There is the Celkon A119 and the Xolo A1000 both with MediaTek dual core processor with HD resolution and with price tag over Rs. 13,000. The Swingtel Superb is much cheaper when compared with these two brands.
This Swingtel handset sports a 4.7 inch (11.9cm) IPS touchscreen with 1280×720 pixels resolution (16M colors). It’s a dual SIM handset with dual standby mode and 3G support. The processor is MediaTek MTk6577 with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU. RAM is 1GB and internal storage is 4GB of which 1.4GB is allocated for apps and 1.05GB as user storage.
The handset is 9.2mm thick and weight is 160 grams. There is a rear auto focus camera of 8MP resolution with LED flash and a front facing 1.9MP camera for video chats. The handset can record videos in 720p resolution.
The battery is of 1800 mAh capacity, though more than sufficient for daily usage, you also get an additional pair just in case.
Swingtel Superb Key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby (3G + 2G).
- Dual core clocked at 1GHz (MediaTek MT6577 CPU + PowerVR SGX 531 GPU).
- 4.7 inch IPS multi touch screen with 1280×720 pixel resolution – 16M colors (312 ppi).
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage (1.4GB for apps and 1.05GB as phone storage). Micro SD support.
- 8MP rear AF camera, LED flash support, 720p video recording support and front fixed focus 1.9MP camera.
- 3G, 2G, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS (A-GPS), micro USB, 3.5mm jack and Wi-Fi.
- 1800 mAh battery + a spare battery of 1800 mAh.
- Price Rs. 11,500 (Available via Infibeam).