The upcoming Samsung handset the Samsung Galaxy S IV will be powered by a 1.8GHz Octa core processor with 2GB RAM and running on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS. The Galaxy S IV will be launched on 14th March in New York, Indian users will have to wait.
The Galaxy S IV specifications are now confirmed (unofficially). This handset will be powered by Exynos 5410 (4+4 core – Octa) clocked at 1.8GHz. The GPU used is Power SGX 544MP. The OS used is Android version 4.2.
The RAM is 2GB with internal storage of optional 16 or 32 GB. The Corning Gorilla Glass 2 capacitive screen is 5 inches (4.99 to be precise) with full HD resolution (1920×1080 pixels – 441 ppi). There is a 13MP rear camera with auto focus and LED flash support and yes it can record videos in 1080p resolution. Another one of 2MP resolution on the front side for video chats/ calls.
Other features included are 4G, 3G, 2G, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. There is G-sensor, compass, barometer, proximity and Gyro sensors. The battery is of 2600 mAh capacity. Pricing and release dates in India are not known.
Samsung Galaxy S IV Key features and specifications
- Single SIM (micro SIM slot).
- 1.8GHz Exynos 5410 4+4 core Octa processor with Power SGX 544MP GPU.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
- 5 inch corning gorilla glass 2 screen with 1920x1080p resolution. (441 ppi).
- 2GB RAM, 16/32GB storage and micro SD slot with 64GB card support.
- 13MP rear AF camera with LED flash and 2MP front camera. Full HD recording supported.
- 4G/3G/2G, Wi-Fi, NFC, GPS (A-GPS/ GLONASS), Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- 2600 mAh Standard Li-ion battery.
The S IV will come with the eye scrolling features this is similar to stay awake features that uses the front camera. The handset can track the eye (just like face tracking) and can determine when the eye is closed and then will switch off the screen.