The Gionee Gpad G1 is a dual core handset running ICS OS with a 5 inch screen and 8MP camera now listed on Maniacstore for Rs. 10,999. It’s a dual SIM handset and features similar to many other 5 inch handsets available in the Indian market.
While many are waiting for the UMI, ZOPO and other Chinese models the Gionee handsets have already started showing up on online sites. The handset probably runs on the MTK 6577 dual core chipset with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU.
The Maniacstore mentions that the Gionee Gpad G1 is with Gorilla glass, but the same is not mentioned on the Gionee G1 Pad page (we will need to confirm this). The price is high and with just 512 MB RAM, hopefully if it is with the Gorilla glass then it will make a difference.
The handset is 10.2 mm thick and comes with a 5 inch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution. The Gpad G1 supports dual SIM with dual standby mode. It comes with 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage.
Other features included are 3G, 2G (class 12), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, GPS, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. There is an 8MP AF camera and a front VGA camera. Apart from the G-Sensor, proximity and light sensors there is also a magnetic sensor. The battery is of 2100 mAh capacity.
For the price of Rs. 10,999 it does seem costly especially when you can get the same hardware with almost similar specifications, (minus the magnetic sensor on some model) for under Rs. 10,000.
Gionee Gpad G1 key features and Specifications
- Dual SIM, Dual Core (cortex A9) clocked at 1GHz.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and Micro SD support.
- Android 4.0 (ICS) OS.
- 5 inch screen with WVGA (800×480) pixels resolution.
- 8MP AF camera with flash and 0.3MP front camera. 720p video recording supported.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, FM radio and 3.5 mm jack.
- Sensors: Proximity, G-Sensor, light and Magnetic.
- 2100 mAh battery.
- Price Rs. 10,999. (via Maniacstore).