Samsung will soon launch the Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone that will sport a 5 inch screen with a dual core processor and 1GB RAM. There will be two variants the single SIM Galaxy Grand and dual SIM Galaxy Grand Duos.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand will sail on the Jelly Bean OS (Android 4.1) over a dual core 1.2GHz processor. The handset weighs 162 grams with 9.6mm thickness. The display screen as mentioned is 5 inches will resolution of 800×480 pixels (16M colors).
Like all Samsung handsets this one too will use the TouchWiz user interface. The Galaxy Grand comes with 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage and with micro SD support of up to 64GB. There is a front 2MP camera and a rear 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash. Videos at 1080p at 30fps can be recorded.
Other features included are 3G/2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, micro USB, 3.5mm jack and GPS. The battery is of 2100 mAh capacity that should give a decent usage time on a full charge. Samsung has made it clear that on the dual SIM version users will be able to receive calls on other SIM when a SIM is being used.
The Grand I9080 design will be similar to the Samsung Galaxy SIII model. The pricing details and the availability dates are not disclosed. Probably Samsung will try to keep the handset price well within the Rs. 20,000 range.
Samsung Galaxy Grand (I9080) Key features and Specifications
- Dual SIM + Dual Core clocked at 1.2GHz (CPU / GPU details unknown).
- Android 4.1 – Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI.
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and MicroSD card up to 64GB supported.
- 5 inch capacitive touchscreen supporting 800×480 pixels with 16M colours (186ppi).
- 8MP AF rear camera with LED flash and 2MP front camera. 1080p (Full HD) video recording supported @ 30fps.
- Sensors : Compass, Gyro, Accelerometer and Proximity.
- 3G (HSDPA 21Mpbs), 2G (EDGE/GPRS), Wi-Fi, Micro USB, Bluetooth 4.0, FM, GPS with A-GPS/GLONASS and 3.5mm jack.
- 2100 mAh Li-ion standard battery.