The Samsung Galaxy Chat (B5330) was recently unveiled by the Korean Giant, Samsung. This smartphone runs on ICS (Android 4.0) with a touch screen display and with QWERTY keypad.
The Samsung Galaxy Chat is a low end single SIM phone with QWERTY facility to entice the users who prefer the physical QWERTY option, along with the ICS topping. The B5330 is also the first android (ICS) powered phone from Samsung to feature a QWERTY keypad.
The Samsung Galaxy brand is popular and available in India. With the addition of the new model, the Galaxy Chat, Samsung will try to get lure the QWERTY loyalists. This is good smartphone for users who text a lot, they can jazz up their social life, it’s easy to use and comes loaded with Chaton instant messenger that can be launched via a dedicated button on the keypad.
There are some exciting apps that comes pre-loaded like Quick Office, AllShare Play and GameHub – to name a few. This Samsung galaxy chat handset is expected to hit the markets in July. This is a low cost handset with a good 4GB internal storage but with a disappointing display resolution of 240×320 pixels @133ppi.
Samsung Galaxy Chat (B5330) features and Specifications
- 3 inch capacitive touchscreen supporting 240×320 pixels with 256k colours. QWERTY Keypad.
- Android 4.0 with TouchWiz User interface.
- 4GB internal storage, MicroSD support (32GB).
- 3G (HSDPA), 2G (EDGE/GPRS), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, 3.5mm jack and microUSB 2.0.
- Rear 2MP camera (1600×1200 pixels). No secondary camera.
- 112 grams and 11.7 mm thin.
- Sensors: Compass, Accelerometer and Proximity.
- Battery: 1200 mAh (Standby and Talktime unknown).
The hardware specifications looks quite trimmed down, the display is below average and GPS, I think is missing (not sure though). The Samsung Galaxy Chat price is unknown but I expect this handset to be priced at under Rs. 9,000.