Just hours after Apple officially released the beta version of the latest iOS 5, iPhone Dev Team revealed that iOS 5 can be easily jailbroken. The team were able to release a tool that could jailbreak the iOS 5 beta (currently for Mac only) within no time because the earlier exploit that were used to jailbreak previous iOS have not been fixed. In other words the new Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 can jailbreak iOS 5 using the same old exploit.
But before you use the Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 to jailbreak the iOS 5 here are some things you should know.
- As mentioned before the iOS 5 beta is released only for developers, so if you are not the one you probably should ignore this. Only Developers with valid ID’s can install iOS 5.
- The Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 tool makes use of tethered jailbreak method and as with older tools here too you will need to run redsn0w after you reboot the apple device.
- The iOS 5 is still in its beta phase and many third party apps do not work properly including Cydia Store apps.
- Avoid installing iOS 5 if you have a phone with unlockable baseband.
- The Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 works with iPhone 4 (CDMA and GSM), iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch (4G and 3G).
If you like testing beta releases and if you have no problems with compatibility issues and bugs you can try the iOS 5 and jailbreak using the Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 tool. For others it’s probably better to wait for a stable release.