The Xtab Plus version and the latest 3G version are not so price friendly. NXG is currently offering a discount of Rs. 500 for advance booking. The Xtab 3G sports the same 7 inch screen with 5 point capacitive touch experience over an 800×480 pixels resolution.
The Xtab 3G does not come with Allwinner CPU, instead it houses the Samsung S5PV210 ARM Cortex-A8 Processor clocked at 1.2GHz with 512MB RAM (DDR2). The internal storage is 4GB. This tab is 13.5 mm thin and weighs around 390 grams with battery.
The Graphics processor used is SGX540 @ 307 MHz. This tab comes with built in 3G. You can use any SIM card on this Tab and enjoy 3G connection on the move. NXG website does not mention if the tab can be used as a phone, so I am not sure about the phone functionality. When compared with the Wammy plus this seems a better option as it comes with built in Bluetooth.
There is also a GPS which you can use with 3G and Google Maps. You get full access to Google play and the 3600 mAh li-ion battery gives a usage time of about 4 to 5 hours.
Xtab 3G Features & Specifications
- 1.2 GHz S5PV210 ARM Cortex-A8, PowerVR SGX540 @ 307MHz GPU.
- Android ICS (4.0.3).
- 512MB DDR2 RAM, 4GB internal storage, MicroSD support (32GB).
- 7 inch capacitive multi touch (5 point) screen with supported resolution of 800×480 pixels.
- 3G built in SIM slot, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB / NIC and built in speaker and mic.
- Ports: 2xUSB, mini HDMI, 3.5 mm Jack, DC in.
- G-Sensor, Multi format media player, ebook reader.
- 3600 mAh battery (over 4 hours usage).
The price of Rs. 12,490 seems a bit high especially with a 7 inch screen and resolution of 800×480 pixels. A bigger screen or a better resolution could have done justice to the price tag. More info on NXG website.