NXG Electronics has unveiled the new super slim NXG Proton a 5.5 inch Phablet with 6.8mm (needs confirmation) thickness running Android 4.2. This quad core Phablet with HD resolution is priced at Rs. 14,490 with free shipping.
The NXG Proton specifications seem similar to the Micromax A116 with few changes. This Phablet is powered by Cortex A7 quad core processor MTK6589 clocked at 1.2GHz running Android 4.2 with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage.
The 5.5 inch IPS screen supports 1280×720 pixels resolution. It’s a dual SIM handset with dual standby mode. There is a 13MP camera placed on the rear and a 5MP camera on the front. Native video calling is supported. The rear camera can record videos in 720p resolution. The specifications as on the NXG sites say 720p, but we have seen that the MT6589 chipset can record in full HD resolution as on the MMX A116 handset.
This Proton Phablet is 6.8mmor 9.7mm (needs confirmation) thick and weight is about 180 grams. Other features included are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, micro USB, 3.5mm audio jack and Bluetooth. The battery is of 3600 mAh capacity.
NXG Proton key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby (GSM+GSM).
- 1.2GHz quad core MediaTek MT6589 with PowerVR SGX 544 GPU.
- Android 4.2.
- 1GB RAM (DDR3), 8GB internal storage and micro SD support up to 64GB.
- 5.5 inch IPS screen with HD resolution (1280x720p). ~267ppi.
- 13MP AF rear camera with LED flash + 5MP front camera.
- 6.8mm (or 9.7mm ?) thickness and 180 grams weight.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB and 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Sensors: Gravity, Light and proximity.
- Battery : 3600 mAh.
- Price Rs. 14,490 (via NXG electronics website).