The Nokia Lumia 520 will be available in the second week or April but can be pre-booked from Flipkart for Rs. 10,499. This is dual core powered handset with 4 inch IPS screen running on the Windows Phone 8 OS.
The Lumia 520 is the cheapest Windows phone 8 powered handset. When compared with the Nokia Lumia 620 it has all of the features except for a missing feature like NFC and some few spec differences. However the Lumia 520 is slimmer, little lighter and looks better than the 620 model.
The Lumia 520 supports single SIM and is powered by 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8227 Dual core processor with Adreno 305 GPU. The IPS Screen is 4 inches ( Lumia 620 is 3.8 inches) with 800×480 pixel resolution with 16M colors.
The handset is 9.9mm thick as compared with an 11mm thickness on Lumia 620. The weight again is lower at 124 grams as compared with 127 grams on 620. There is 512MB RAM that is sufficient to run the Windows phone 8 OS with ease. The internal storage is 8GB and micro SD slot will support additional external storage card of up to 64GB.
There is a 5MP rear camera with Auto focus, 4x zoom and many other features. You can record videos in 720p resolution. On the Lumia 620 there is a front camera, however on the 520 the front camera is missing.
Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. The battery is of 1430 mAh that gives a standby time of around 360 hours and expected talktime is about 9 to 14 hours depending on the 3G or 2G networks.
Nokia Lumia 520 key features and specifications
- Single SIM.
- Dual core Krait Qualcomm MSM8227 clocked at 1GHz + Adreno 305 GPU.
- 4 inch IPS screen – 800×480 pixels resolution with 16M colours.
- Windows phone 8 OS.
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal storage and micro SD slot (64GB card supported).
- 9.9 mm thick and weight is 124 grams.
- 5MP AF rear camera with HD video recording (720p @ 30fps). There is no front camera.
- 3G (21.1 Mbps), 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS with Glonass / A-GPS / Nokia Maps, Bluetooth 3.0, Audio jack 3.5mm, micro USB and Noise cancellation.
- Sensors: Light, accelerometer and proximity.
- 1430 mAh battery with over 300 hour’s standby time.
- Price Rs. 10,499 (Via Flipkart).
Difference between Nokia Lumia 520 and Nokia Lumia 620
|Lumia 520||Lumia 620|
|Size – 64×119.9×9.9 mm||Size – 61.1×115.4×11 mm|
|124 grams weight||127 grams weight|
|1430 mAh battery||1300 mAh battery|
|No NFC support||NFC supported|
|4 inch IPS screen||3.81 inch TFT|
|No front camera||Front camera present|