The awaited Nokia Lumia 520 and the Nokia Lumia 720 will be launched in April. Both the handsets will run on the Windows 8 OS. The Lumia 520 will come for a price of Rs. 10,500.
The Lumia 720 is a high end model and the price is not yet disclosed. The 520 on the other hand has features and design similar to the Nokia Lumia 620 (Check out the Nokia 620 review) and is priced at under Rs. 10,500. Those of you who loved the Lumia 620 but cannot afford it, the Nokia Lumia 520 (minus the front camera) could be another affordable option.
The Lumia 520 sports a 4 inch screen with IPS display and resolution of 800×480 pixels. The unique feature is the touch sensitivity that works using your fingernails or gloves. The 520 is 9.9mm thick. This handset is powered by the same Snapdragon S4 dual core processor @ 1GHz frequency with 512MB RAM and 8Gigs of internal storage. There is 5MP AF rear camera with 720p video recording support. The features are nearly the same as on Nokia Lumia 620 however the NFC is missing on the 520 model.
The battery is 1430 mAh capacity with over 9 hours of talktime and even more on 2G network. The handset supports other common features like 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and micro USB.
The Lumia 720 is much slimmer with a 9mm thickness the Lumia 620 is 11mm thick. This handset again comes with the same dual core hardware with 512MB RAM and 8GB storage. The screen is 4.3 inches with 800×480 pixels resolution. The camera is of 6.7 MP resolutions with carl zeiss lens with 720p video recording support at 30fps.
This handset comes with NFC support and the battery of 2000 mAh capacity gives a talktime of over 13 hours on 3G network and up to an amazing 24 hours on 2G network.
Nokia Lumia 520 key features and specifications
- Single SIM (Micro SIM).
- 1GHz dual core MSM8227 with Adreno 305 GPU.
- 4 inch IPS LCD Screen with 800×480 pixels (233ppi). Scratch resistant glass.
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal storage and micro SD card support.
- Windows Phone 8.
- 5MP rear AF camera without LED flash. HD (720p) recording support, no front camera.
- 3G, 2G (class B), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3, GPS, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- 1430 mAh battery with not more than 14 hours talktime on a single change (depends on network).
- Price Rs. 10,500 (listed on flipkart)
Nokia Lumia 720 Key features and specifications
- Single (Micro) SIM.
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 dual core processor with Adreno 305 GPU.
- 4.3 inch IPS LCD screen with 800×480 pixel resolution (217ppi) with 16M colours. Corning Gorilla Glass 2 with Clear Black display.
- Windows Phone 8
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal storage and micro SD support.
- 6.7MP rear AF camera with Carl Zeiss lens and LED flash. Front camera is of 1.3MP resolution. Both front and rear camera can record videos in 720p resolution.
- 3G, 2G (class B), Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- Non-Removable 2000 mAh battery with max 23 hours talktime (depending on network).
- Estimated Price I believe will be a little more than the Nokia 620 model. Probably under Rs. 19,000.