Another low cost handset the Micromax A51 Bolt gets silently listed on the Micromax Website. This is 832 MHz powered handset running on Android 2.3 over a 3.5 inch screen.
With dual core and quad core dominating the market there is little scope left for these low end devices. But they still can compete with the ultra low end devices. The capacitive touch screen is 3.5 inches with 480×320 pixel resolution (262K colours).
The single core CPU is BRCM_21552 (BRCM: BCM21552 ARM11 architecture) clocked at 832MHz. The handset runs on the Gingerbread 2.3.7 OS with 256MB RAM and probably around 200MB internal storage with micro SD support.
There is only the G-Sensors and there is no built in GPS. The Micromax A51 however does support 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and also comes with micro USB and 3.5mm jack. There is a front VGA camera and a rear 2MP camera (fixed focus). A 1500 mAh battery gives a usage time of 4.5 hours and standby time of around 140 hours. We do not know the price yet, but expect it to be well under Rs. 5,000. Micromax had also launched the A35 bolt recently at around Rs. 4,250.
Micromax A51 Bold Key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby.
- 832 MHz BRCM_21552 ARM11 single core processor.
- Android version 2.3.7 (Gingerbread).
- 256MB RAM, approx 200MB internal storage and micro SD up to 32GB supported.
- 3.5inch touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution (262K colours).
- 2MP FF rear camera and 0.3 MP front camera.
- 3G, Bluetooth, micro USB, Wi-Fi, G-Sensor and 3.5mm jack.
- 1500 mAh battery with over 4 hours talktime.
- Price Rs. 4,599. (via Flipkart)