HTC has announced the HTC One an android handset powered by quad core processor with 4.7 inch full HD display and HTC UltraPixel Camera with smart flash. The pricing details are not known yet. The Handset will be launched globally in March 2013. The handset will be available in India via RCOM, HTC’s Indian carrier partner.
The HTC One comes with host of new features. To start with it runs on the Jelly Bean OS with HTC Sense user interface. There is a single Micro SIM slot. This handset is powered by quad core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600) processor clocked at 1.7GHz. The RAM is 2GB (DDR2) and internal storage (optional) is 32G / 64GB.
The One is 9.3mm thick and weighs about 143 grams. The 4.7 inch screen supports resolution of 1080p (468ppi). The handset supports 4G in selected countries. Other connectivity features are NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS with GLONASS, micro USB with MHL and 3.5 mm audio jack.
There is a front 2.1 MP camera and a rear UltraPixel camera (4MP) with BSI sensor and optical image stabilization. There is the smart flash that will trigger 5 levels of flash depending on the distance for perfect shot. According to HTC the camera is much better (captures 300% more light) than other mobile camera when it comes to clicking pictures in low light conditions. You can record videos and even click photos simultaneously. There is also the HDR video option.
There are some new features like the BlinkFeed that will get your favorite content streamed on the home screen. There are dual speakers with powerful amplifiers (BoomSound). The battery is of 2300 mAh capacity. Looking at the specifications I believe the handset will be priced way over Rs. 30,000.
HTC One Key features and Specifications
- Single SIM (Micro SIM slot).
- Android Jelly Bean OS with HTC Sense and HTC BlinkFeed.
- 1.7GHz quad core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 600) with Adreno 320 GPU.
- 2GB RAM DDR2 and 32 or 64GB optional internal storage space. There is no micro SD slot.
- 4.7 inch screen with full HD resolution (1080p) ~ 468ppi.
- 4G (in selected countries), 3G, 2G, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, DLNA, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- Other features HTC BOOMSound (dual front stereo speakers, HDR mic, Sense Voice and Beats Audio), HTC BlinkFeed.
- Rear HTC UltraPixel Camera with full HD video recording, Slow motion video, HDR video and front 2.1 MP camera.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Ambient and proximity sensors.
- Li-Po rechargeable battery of 2300 mAh capacity.