Now you can change the traditional English characters on the on screen keyboard to Hindi characters (Devanagari) by simply install two free apps. When installing the apps you can also check if the Devanagari characters are supported on your device or not.
First of all you need to install the AnySoftKeyboard app just search for the same on Google Play. Install the app and then download another app called Devanagari for AnySoftKeyboard, install this one too.
Once installed you need to do the following.
- Go to setting -> Language and Input – and in the Keyboard and input methods you will find the AnySoftKeyboard list, just check that.
- Once done you need to tap the settings options next to the AnySoftKeyboard.
- Now look for Keyboards and tap it.
- Uncheck English and check Devanagari and Devanagari Numerals.
- That’s it now whenever the keyboard pop’s up you will get the Hindi Keyboard.
- In case you still see the English keyboard tap and hold the space bar and select input method just choose AnySoftKeyboard and you should get the Hindi Keyboard. To switch back (from AnySoftKeyboard to English, hold the next button and tap Change input method and then select English US.
I have tested this App on my Micromax A90 (ICS) handset and works perfectly fine. Try it out and let me know if it worked on your handset.
Watch the Video on how to change to Hindi Keyboard using AnySoftKeyboard app