Celkon Mobiles have launched a low cost dual core handset the Celkon A62 with a 4.7 inch screen. The A62 handset is listed on Snapdeal for Rs. 6,799. This handset is cheaper than the Celkon A200 model.
If you compare the specifications there are features that have been trimmed down to lower the cost on the A62 handset. The Celkon A200 is with 4.3 inch screen whereas the A62 is with 4.7 inch screen with FWVGA resolution.
The A62 has got an 8MP camera with 2MP front camera as compared with the A200 that comes with 5MP rear and a front VGA camera. Both the handsets run on the ICS OS. The A62 is 10.4mm thick with weight of around 110 grams. There battery is of 1800 mAh on A62 and its 1500 mAh on the A200 model. Both the handsets are powered by MediaTek dual core chipset.
And now for the features have been removed / reduced on the A62. The A62 comes with 512MB internal storage as compared with 4GB on A200. There are no magnetic sensors on 62 and the handset also does not support 3G and GPS.
The price of Rs. 6,799 looks good but the specifications are kind of disappointing, no 3G, 512MB storage and no GPS, well not worth it, you can find better handsets with 3G support. It really does not make sense to remove 3G on a dual core handset.
Celkon A62 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM (GSM+GSM) with Dual standby mode.
- 1GHz Dual core MTK6577 + PowerVR SGX 531 GPU.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 4.7 inch capacitive touchscreen with 854×480 pixels (FWVGA) resolution. (208.44 ppi).
- 8MP AF camera with LED + 2MP front camera.
- 2G (Edge/GPRS), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- Sensors: Light, G-Sensor and proximity sensors.
- 1800 mAh Standard Li-ion battery.
- Price Rs. 6,799 (Listed on Snapdeal).