The Celkon A101 is priced at Rs. 6,999 and comes with 4 inch screen with dual core processing power. The price tag is close to that of the Celkon A62, but as compared with A62 that supports only the 2G network, the A101 handset does support 3G.
The A101 sports a 4.0 inch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution. There are dual cameras, a 5 MP AF rear with LED flash and VGA front FF camera. The handset runs on the ICS OS with 512MB RAM. The internal storage space is similar to as found on the A62 handset i.e. 512MB internal storage. Micro SD card is supported.
The Celkon A101 supports 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, micro USB, GPS and 3.5mm jack. The handset will house the MediaTek dual core chipset and for the price it looks like a good option at least better than the A62 with minimal price difference, though you might want to confirm the sensors on A101.
This handset gets power from a 1400 mAh battery. It will be available for Rs. 6,999.
Celkon A101 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Dual core 1GHz MTK6577 with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU.
- 4 inch capacitive touch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution (233.24ppi).
- Android ICS version 4.0.
- 512MB RAM, 512MB internal storage and micro SD slot (32 GB).
- 5MP AF rear camera with LED + front 0.3MP FF camera.
- 3G, 2G (class 12), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm jack, micro USB and FM radio.
- Sensors: G-sensor (not sure if it has light / proximity sensors).
- 1400 mAh battery.