Byond Tech Electronics Pvt. Ltd has launched the Byond Phablet PI (pi) that sports a 5.3 inch touchscreen with qHD resolution, powered by a 1GHz dual core processor with 1GB RAM for Rs. 10,999.
Byond company had recently launched the Byond Phablet PIII with 6 inch screen and Phablet PII with a 5.7 inch screen. The Byond PI will run on the Jelly Bean OS and will work smoothly with 1GB RAM and 4GB internal storage. The handset supports dual SIM with dual standby mode. Interestingly this Phablet will come with multi window option.
There is an auto focus camera of 8MP resolution placed on the rear side along with a front camera of 1.3MP resolution. The handset supports 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. A battery of 2000 mAh will easily last for over a day on a single charge. There is G-Sensor, light and proximity sensors.
The price of Rs. 10,999 seems good enough for a dual core handset with a 5.3 inch screen, however there are many other options and some better options to choose from, for example the Zen Mobile 701HD – quad core for Rs. 11,999.
Byond Phablet PI key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby.
- 1GHz dual core processor (probably MTK6577).
- Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean OS).
- 5.3 inch capacitive multi-touch screen with qHD (960×540 pixel) resolution.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and micro SD support.
- 8MP rear AF camera with LED and 1.3MP front FF camera.
- 3G(7.2 Mbps), 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and micro USB port.
- Sensors: Proximity, G-sensor and light sensors.
- Key Highlight: Multi Window application.
- 2000 mAh battery with over one day of usage on a full charge.
- Price Rs. 10,999. More info Byond Website.