The next most awaited 5 inch (4.9 inches to be precise) smartphone the Superfone canvas 2 is here. The A110 might as well be available within few days, and hopefully there will be plenty of stock. The A110 as we all know if an improved version of A100 with advance features.
To start with the Superfone canvas 2 comes with a 1GHz dual core processor (chipset unknown) with Android 4.0.4 OS and dual SIM support. The display screen is 12.5 cm i.e. 5 inches (4.92 inches) with IPS screen, 16 m colours for life like clarity. The supported resolution is 480×854 pixels ~196ppi. The display also comes with AGC Sodaline screen protection. The AGC is a special glass shield that is scratch, impact and even explosion resistant. It offers smooth touch response and protects the screen from cracking in case of accidental drop.
As compared with the single core Micromax A100 the A110 is slimmer. A100 is with 11.9mm thickness whereas the Micromax A110 sports a slimmer body with a 9.7mm thickness. Android 4.0.4 comes pre-loaded with full access to google play. No word if it will be entitled for a JB (Jelly Bean) update.
For connectivity there is 3G (HSDPA), 2G, USB, GPS, Bluetooth 3, Wi-Fi and 3.5 mm jack. The camera has been enhanced to 8 Megapixel. There is a front camera too of VGA resolution. As far as the memory is concerned I believe it will be 512MB with 4GB internal and micro SD support. I think if the phone did come with 1GB memory, Micromax would have surely highlighted it on their page – but you never know, for now it’s safe to assume it to be under 1GB i.e. 512MB. The battery is of 2000 mAh capacity with 180 hours of standby time and about 5 hours of talktime.
Micromax A110 Key features and Specifications
- 1GHz dual core + Dual SIM.
- Android 4.0.4 (ICS) OS.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal and microSD card up to 32GB.
- 5 inch capacitive IPS touchscreen with AGC Sodaline screen protection. Resolution FWVGA (480×854).
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm jack, Bluetooth 3.0 and micro USB.
- A110 is available in Calm White and Jet Black colours.
- 8MP rear and front VGA camera. Other features LED flash, 4x zoom. I think it should be capable of shooting HD videos (though not mentioned on Micromax site).
- Sensors : Gravity, (light, proximity – not confirmed).
- 2000 mAh with 180 hours standby and 5 hours talktime.
- Price : Not confirmed – Under Rs. 11,000.
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.