Zync has launched a 9.7 (4:3 ratio) inch tablet that sails on the Android 4.0 OS with built in SIM slot. The tab is upgradeable to Jelly Bean OS and comes for a price tag of Rs. 10,990.
The Z1000 tab UPS is the built in SIM with 3G support and the 9.7 inch screen with ICS / JB update. The Zync Z1000 competes with the Micromax Funbook pro with better features and with 1K price difference.
The Z1000 runs on a 1.5GHz single core processor which I doubt could be just 1GHz or 1.2GHz. The CPU coupled with Mali 400 GPU is the perfect combination. Add to it 1GB DDR3 RAM and 8 Gigs of internal storage. And yes the microSD card slot to expand the storage as and when required.
The display screen is quite big similar to the Wammy Athena, its 9.7 inch with 5 point capacitive touch and sporting a resolution of 1024×768 pixels. There are dual cameras but not of a great megapixel resolution.
The built in SIM slot supports 3G and 2G networks. There is a mini HDMI port as well as Bluetooth 2.0. There is no GPS, but GPS features can be used via the SIM network support, though it’s not that accurate.
The Zync Z1000 seems to be a better choice as compared with Swipe tab All in One. For a price of Rs. 10,990 it is very good buy.
Zync Z1000 key features and Specifications
- 1.5GHz single core + Mali 400 GPU.
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage and micro SD slot.
- Built in SIM slot.
- Android 4.0 upgradable to 4.1 (Jelly Bean OS).
- 9.7 inch (4:3) HD screen with 1024×768 pixels resolution.
- 2MP rear fixed focus camera and a front VGA (0.3M) for video chats.
- Stereo speakers, Mic and 3.5 mm jack.
- 3G, 2G, HDMI port, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 2.0 and micro USB port.
- Huge 7000 mAh battery.