Xolo known for their premium handsets have now launched a low cost Xolo A500S that comes powered by a dual core processor and runs on the Android 4.2 OS. The A500S is priced at Rs. 6,999.
The A500S handset is listed on the Xolo website. It is a dual SIM handset with an 8.9mm thickness and a 4 inch TFT screen with 800×480 pixels resolution. The handset runs on Jelly Bean OS 4.2 with 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage.
The main highlight however is the dual core MT6572W chipset clocked at 1.2GHz with Mali 400 MP GPU. The MT6572 is a new ARM SOC that was launched in May 2013. It is an entry level chipset that supports max 5MP camera with 720p video recording and screen resolution of up to qHD. It has got everything you would need in a low cost handset.
The Xolo A500S comes with 5MP rear camera and VGA front camera. Other features are 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The battery is 1400 mAh capacity that gives a talk-time of up to 10 hours on 2G.
Xolo A500S key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with dual Standby.
- 1.2GHz dual core MT6572W + Mali 400 GPU.
- Android 4.2 OS.
- RAM 512MB, 4GB storage and micro SD support *up to 32GB.
- 4 inch TFT screen with 800×480 pixels resolution with 16M colors.
- 5MP rear AF camera with LED flash + front VGA camera. HD recording and playback supported.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, micro USB port and 3.5mm audio jack.
- 1400 mAh battery with up to 10 hours talk-time on 2G and up to 8 hours on 3G networks.
- Price Rs. 6,999 (will be available soon in White, Black, Red and Blue colors).