Union Budget 2018-2019 has been announced by Honorable Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. In this budget he proposed to increase the custom duty on Mobiles to 20%. This move is to get manufacturers to make in India, rather than import directly from China.

This custom duty proposal for the Union Budget 2018-2019 will affect the companies that directly import the mobiles from China and sell it in India after rebranding. This means Apple brand will also get affected and iPhones will get costly.

Custom duty on Mobiles was increased last time to 15% and now with the new proposal add another 5% so a total of 20%. Also there is 15% duty on some mobile phones accessories and parts. This increase in custom duty will also affect users who buy the handset from Chinese markets / international stores, especially the ones that are not available in India.

Xiaomi Mi A1 Special Edition Red

The motive is to promote make in India that will help brands compete in Indian markets and also create employment opportunities. Xiaomi and many other brands have already setup their manufacturing plants in India,  though most are just assembling the phones but this has helped create jobs.

Comments (36)

  1. NAGESH
    Posted on February 2, 2018
  2. Mayur
    Posted on February 2, 2018
    • Sam
      Posted on February 2, 2018
  3. NAGESH
    Posted on March 29, 2019
  4. wizzy
    Posted on February 2, 2018
  5. Mayur
    Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Sam
      Posted on March 30, 2019
  6. wizzy
    Posted on March 30, 2019
  7. Lucky
    Posted on February 1, 2018
    • rakesh
      Posted on February 1, 2018
    • Ashok B
      Posted on February 2, 2018
    • Tarun
      Posted on February 2, 2018
    • Skk
      Posted on February 2, 2018
    • Sam
      Posted on February 2, 2018
    • raj
      Posted on February 2, 2018
  8. sachin11
    Posted on February 1, 2018
    • Asu
      Posted on February 3, 2018
  9. Sam
    Posted on February 1, 2018
    • Krishna Singh
      Posted on February 2, 2018
  10. Sheshu Vadrevu
    Posted on February 1, 2018
  11. Rohit Jain
    Posted on February 1, 2018
    • Ranjithkumar
      Posted on February 3, 2018
  12. Lucky
    Posted on March 30, 2019
    • rakesh
      Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Ashok B
      Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Tarun
      Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Skk
      Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Sam
      Posted on March 30, 2019
    • raj
      Posted on March 30, 2019
  13. sachin11
    Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Asu
      Posted on March 30, 2019
  14. Sam
    Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Krishna Singh
      Posted on March 30, 2019
  15. Sheshu Vadrevu
    Posted on March 30, 2019
  16. Rohit Jain
    Posted on March 30, 2019
    • Ranjithkumar
      Posted on March 30, 2019

Give a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.