The Sony Xperia E will soon join the Xperia Family. The handset will be available in two models with single SIM and dual SIM support. The handset specifications are quite basic and probably will be priced well under Rs. 10K.
The key advantage is of course the SONY brand and the Jelly Bean OS that one of the handset will come loaded with. Well yes, of the two models the Single SIM version will come preloaded with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1 OS) whereas the dual SIM version comes preloaded with ICS (Android 4.0) but will eventually get a 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update sometime later.
The Sony Xperia handset as mentioned come with low end features like 3.5 inch screen with a 480×320 pixels resolution. A 1GHz Snapdragon processor (Qualcomm MSM7227A) plus Adreno 200 GPU powers the handset with 512MB RAM and 4Gigs of internal storage.
There is a modest 3.2 MP camera placed on the rear without flash support and there is no front camera. It does come with other features found on almost all handsets. A 1530 mAh battery gives a decent talktime of up to 6 hours and standby time of about 22 days. Sony had recently launched the Sony Xperia Tipo with single and dual SIM versions.
Sony Xperia E Key features and Specifications
- Available in Single SIM and Dual SIM visions.
- Single core 1GHz Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon (Cortex A5) with Adreno 200 GPU.
- 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage of which users will get approx 2GB free. Micro SD card up to 32 GB is supported.
- 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 480×320 pixels resolution (256K colours) and 2 point multi touch.
- ICS OS on DUAL SIM and Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) on Single SIM. Timescape User Interface.
- 3.15 MP camera with video recording. No secondary camera.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS (with A-GPS), Bluetooth 2.1, 3.5mm jack, SNS ready, noise cancellation with dedicated mic and Micro USB.
- 1530 mAh battery with 6 hours of talktime.
The handset will be available in retail stores and online, within few weeks.