Both the Samsung Mega Models namely the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (I9152) and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (I9200) has been launched in India for Rs. 25,100 and Rs. 31,490. The Mega 5.8 is already listed on the Saholic website whereas the 6.3 model will hit the store in early June.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 supports 4G and runs on the Android 4.2 OS with TouchWiz user interface. The 6.3 inch TFT screen supports resolution of 1280×720 pixels (HD) i.e. with 233ppi. The RAM is 1.5GB and you can choose from 8GB or 16GB as internal storage (price will vary accordingly).
This handset is powered by 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 dual core processor with Adreno 305 GPU. The camera is of an 8MP resolution with LED flash and another camera on the front of 1.9MP resolution.
Other features are 4G, 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro UBS, NFC and 3.5mm audio jack. For this massive handset a 3200 mAh Li-ion battery is used, that should easily give a usage time of over day. The handset will be available early next month with a price tag of Rs. 31,490.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (I9200) key features and specifications
- Single SIM (Micro SIM).
- 1.7GHz Krait dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 CPU + Adreno 305 GPU.
- 8mm thick and weight is 199 grams.
- 6.3 inch TFT screen with 1280×720 pixels resolution (233ppi).
- Android 4.2.2 with TouchWiz UI.
- 1.5GB RAM, 8 or 16 GB storage option and micro SD support up to 64GB.
- 8MP rear AF camera with LED + front 1.9MP camera. Full HD video recording supported.
- 4G, 3G (21Mbps), 2G, Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 3.5mm jack, micro USB 2.0 and GPS with A-GPS/GLONASS.
- Sensors: Magnetic, gyro, accelerometer and proximity sensors.
- 3200 mAh li-Ion battery.
- Price Rs. 31,490.