As we all know that Facebook has added several new features but there are many Facebook users who still prefer the simple Face look. Most of the users are annoyed especially with the Facebook news ticker that continuously updates itself on the top right hand corner on the Facebook home page.
If you have many friends the news ticker can get really annoying. The Facebook Ticker will show status updates, comments your friend made, new friends they make, your friend was tagged in, etc. as it happens. Thankfully there is a way to remove / disable the new Facebook ticker. Also check out Facebook Subscribe button and Facebook like button in HTML5 version.
Remove New Facebook ticker on Firefox browser
- You will need to install the extension called AdBlock Plus on your Firefox Browser. Once you install it the AdBlock Plus extension will ask you for subscription you can ignore that step. We will add the filters manually.
- The AdBlock Plus program basically filters out certain element from the page when a match is found. But you will need to add filters for this to work.
- Once installed you will see the ABP red icon on the Firefox status bar at far bottom left.
- Click the ABP button and select Preferences.
- In Preferences click Add filter and in the New Filter field add this facebook.com###pagelet_rhc_ticker
- Click apply and then press the OK button. That’s it now you still the New Facebook but without the news ticker.
- To enable the Facebook ticker again you can click the ABP button and then select disable everywhere or go to preferences, right click on the filter and delete it.
This filter will work as long as Facebook is using the exact phrase facebook.com###pagelet_rhc_ticker, if they update this phrase the method mentioned in this post will not work. As for now I have tested it and this method is working.