Nikon 1 J2 is an upgraded version of Nikon 1 J1 camera. The J2 is the newest addition to the J series family that are compact, light weight and comes with interchangeable lens. The advanced hybrid auto focus system further enhances the capture quality.
The Nikon 1 J2 sports a better LCD screen with resolution almost double as compared with its predecessor. Most of the features are similar to Nikon J1 like the CX format CMOS sensor at 10.1 MP resolution, the ISO range and the dual core engine (EXPEED 3).
The J Series cameras come with range of interchangeable lens and are also called mirrorless cameras. These cameras have found a place between low and high end camera. You get the same features as on a DSLR camera.
Additional features are hybrid auto focus with continuous shooting of up to 10 framer / sec. SD, SDHC and SDXC cards support, 1 x USB 2.0 port and a mini HDMI port. The Nikon 1 J2 weighs a little more than J1 at 238 grams.
This mirrorless compact camera will come with 10-30mm lens for a price of $549.95 approx Rs. 30,000. The 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens will be priced at $189.95. The J2 is expected to hit the stores in September, no word as to when it will be available in India.
Nikon 1 J2 Key features and Specifications
- HD – high speed auto focus (advanced hybrid AF system) best for still images and movies.
- EXPEED 3 image processing and Super high speed AF CMOS sensor.
- Compact and light weight for stress free photography.
- Available in 6 colours.
- New feature – Motion Snapshot mode.
- 3 inch LCD monitor with 921K dots.
- F-Mount NIKKOR lenses supported via FT1 mount adapter (optional).
- Built in flash with i-TTL Flash control.
- Retractable lens mechanism , USB, HDMI and memory card supported.
- Image editing and viewing software (ViewNX 2) included.
- Water proof case (WP-N1) also available.