The Micromax Canvas 3D also called the Micromax A115 has finally been launched for Rs. 9,999. The Canvas 3D is also the companies first 3D smartphone. The A115 is powered by dual core processor running on the Jelly bean OS.
The A115 had surfaced a few weeks back, but much of the info and the price were not clear. It’s now officially launched by Micromax for under 10K and will hit the stores in early May (first week).
The Micromax Canvas 3D supports 3D content without the need of the 3D glasses. It is powered by dual core processor clocked at 1GHz. The screen is 5 inches with WVGA resolution. The handset runs on Android 4.1.2 OS.
It’s a dual SIM handset. The press release however does not mention about the memory and internal storage. When the A115 info was leaked it was speculated that it will come with 8MP camera and 1GB RAM etc. but as per the press release that is not true. The camera is a 5MP and not an 8MP. There is also a front 0.3 (VGA) camera.
As mentioned above the RAM and internal storage is not known and the handset is still not listed on the Micromax Website. Looking at the other specs and the price I think the RAM will be 512MB (chances of 1GB RAM seems less, but possible) and 4GB internal storage.
Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack. The battery is of 2000 mAh capacity with over 4 hours of talktime.
Micromax A115 (Canvas 3D) key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Dual core @ 1.0 GHz (MediaTek).
- 5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 800×480 pixels resolution (the resolution too needs confirmation as it is not specified in the press release).
- Android 4.1.2.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB storage and micro SD card support.
- 5MP rear AF camera with LED flash and front VGA camera.
- 3D content supported without the need of 3D glasses.
- Preloaded 3D games and Micromax 3D space – access to 3D videos.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 3.5mm jack and micro USB port.
- 2000 mAh battery with up to 4.5 hours o talktime.
- Price Rs. 9,999 (Available within 1st week of May 2013).